Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Random Thoughts On Video Games And The Industry


Can't really think of much to make into a full article, so I'll just write a bunch of jumbled thoughts on video games and the industry as a whole...

Watched a video tour on Wiifolder of Order Up, and the game actually looks really fun. I mean, I'm seriously considering buying it, even though I'd heard nothing much notable about it up to this point. The whole Cooking Mama mini-games, restaurant sim, and multitasking strategy combine into a seriously fun looking game. While the reviews have mostly been in the 7's, there have been some 8's and I'm thinking about buying this everyday. Still waiting for that IGN review though!

Bought Blast Work a little while ago. When I first booted it up, I was disappointed. Seriously underwhelmed with what was there. But I bore through it and tried out the editor, which is very complicated and not too user friendly. So that was then end of that (after only 15 minutes). But the next day I tried it again and found the gameplay to be very fun. It is definitely difficult and has quite a learning curve. Even on the lowest difficulty it kicks my ass.

I'm really worrying about my money situation this holiday, especially about Guitar Hero: World Tour. Amazon.com lists it at $189.99. That's quite a bit of moola for one game. On a similar note, today Michael Jackson's hit "Beat It" was announced for the game, and I couldn't be happier!

Wanna know a crazy fact about me? OK, lately I've been listening to a lot of gaming podcasts, because, well, I get bored a lot. And whenever I do, I play Super Mario Bros. on the Wii. And I kinda zone out and just listen to the podcast. But I do so well at the game. I rarely lose a life until the very few last worlds. A couple of nights ago, when listening to IGN's Nintendo Voice Chat podcast, I made it all the way to World 5-2 until I finally lost a life! It's intense.

Started playing some Zack & Wiki again. Finally beat a puzzle that got me stuck. I now can see why I loved the game in the first place. I'll probably do a review sooner or later, so look out for that!

And the Final Thought: Captain Rainbow = WTF. Don't believe me? Just check out this video...

No comments:

Post a Comment