- Miyamota confirms they're working on Zelda and Pikmin but says nothing about Wii Motion Plus.
- The Zelda team is working on a special version for the Wii as opposed to Twilight Princess since it started out on the Gamecube.
- Shigeru says that the Wii Remote will fit very well with a title like Pikmin.
- When asked about a new Zelda DS title, Shigeru said nothing since Eiji Aonuma is a very busy man (he last oversaw Link’s Crossbow Training).
- Club Nintendo says that Wario Land: Shake It! plays just like the past versions. When asked if Mario and Metroid will follow suit one day, Shigeru says he can’t say anything now but that Nintendo always makes top notch products and that they will have to see them (Nintendo) in the future to know more.
- Miyamota says there won't be a lot more (first-party) peripherals, they have enough already.
- When asked about hard drive solution, Miyamota says to expect an announcement in the future since they're working on possible technologies. Reggie says they’re not making a “hard drive” but will come up with a better solution.
- Reggie says Animal Crossing is not casual and that they’re gonna have GTA on the DS for the hardcore gamers.
- When asked if Animal Crossing will be the new beginning point on how you play a game online on the Wii, Reggie says Mario Kart functions very well through the Wi-Fi connection with no problems and that Animal Crossing will be a fantastic experience on Wi-Fi with the Wii Speak being a great addition.
- When asked about Microsoft's avatars, Reggie says "imitating is a way of flattering, so we're very flattered."
- When asked about DS redesign, Reggie says a console redesign will happen when the sales go down, not up.
Saturday, September 6, 2008
Club Nintendo interview with Reggie and Miyamoto (summary)
A Latin America Nintendo magazine, Club Nintendo, recently had an interview with Reggie Fils-Aimé and Shigeru Miyamoto. Two GoNintendo readers, Demian Chrisanti and worrybomb, translated the most important parts, which I have posted below.