Sunday, November 30, 2008

Poll #6 "Generally, what is your opinion on game delays?" results

I'm back, after my week long Thanksgiving vacation! I hope everyone else's Thanksgiving was as good and as filling as mine. I actually got back last night, but was too dead tired from traveling to post anything... Sorry! Look for my next post tomorrow. -Kyle


My sixth poll has finished, the results are as follows:

Generally, what is your opinion on game delays? (24 total votes)
  • Great, more development time to make the game better. - 50% (12 votes)
  • Horrible, I need the game now! - 12% (3 votes)
  • Meh, I'll get the game whenever it comes out. - 38% (9 votes)
It seems from the results, people don't mind delays as they generally mean more time to up the game's quality. The second most votes was by those who didn't really care about delays, they're just going to buy it whenever the hell it comes out. And finally, there's that small portion of voters who generally hate delays.

I voted the first option as I feel more time will help the game. Though there was one exception to this, Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was angry both times the game was delayed (more the first though). I wanted that game right then! But the wait was worth it... I guess.

And as always, my next poll is up. This time it's not really video game related, I'm just curious. The question is "Which web browser are you using?" And by that I mean right now, not generally, but at this exact moment viewing this exact page.

Comments or questions? Drop an email to kylehogg@gmail.com or leave a comment below...

2 comments:

  1. In the cases of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Resident Evil 2, and Lunar: Silver Star, it was worth the wait.

    I've learned that you can forget about the delays once the game is finally released. But you never can forget a game when it is of bad quality.

    ReplyDelete