Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Upcoming Wii Games

I've been seeing a lot of articles like this lately, and I decided to write one of my own.

It will be upon us soon...

With E3 just around the corner, there will definitely be some new games to look forward to. But rewind back to the present, and there are already quite a few Wii games to be excited for. Today I've chosen the games that I'm hungry for every bit of news and every little tidbit about. Enjoy!

de Blob

Platform(s): Wii, DS
Release Date: September 26, 2008 (USA)
This colorful platformer from THQ is shaping up to be awesome. The core concept (in case you haven't heard) is that all the color of the city it's set in has been drained by these evil corportation. And it's your job as de Blob, who can absorb colors, to repaint the city and wipe out the evil corporation known as I.N.K.T. With the flood of recent previews and hands-ons, this is one game I'm really looking forward to.

Wario Land: Shake It!

Platform(s): Wii
Release Date: September 29, 2008 (USA)
Wario returns to his classic series of Wario Land in his latest Wii game. And man does it look fun. The hand drawn style and 2-platforming goodness all add up to another of my most excited games. You hold the Wii-remote classic NES style and it sort of reminds me of Super Paper Mario. Unfortunately there is waggle in the game, such as to get coins out of a bag or to fling yourself up. I only hope they incorporate the shaking parts good, such as in Super Paper Mario.

Guitar Hero: World Tour

Platform(s): PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, PC, Wii, Xbox 360
Release Date: October 27, 2008 (USA)
The first time I had heard of the fourth true entry into the Guitar Hero series was in my magazine Game Informer. There it was only title Guitar Hero 4. Now with the internet abuzz with news and screens of the game, it is titled Guitar Hero: World Tour. It seems to take everything in Rock Band and make it better. It has the four instruments of Rock Band: guitar, bass, microphone, and drums. The drums also look very cool and different from Rock Band's. Another neat feature is the ability to make your own songs. Since the Wii is my only system, I'll be getting it for that. And let me tell you, the Wii version is shaping up to be as good as the XBox 360 and PS3 versions (excluding graphics); it even will have the same downloadable content, a first for any Wii title!

Mega Man 9

Platform(s): WiiWare
Release Date: Fall/Winter 2008 (USA)
Capcom was really thinking about the fans when they decided to make Mega Man 9. With 8-bit graphics, 8-bit music, and Mega Man 2 difficulty, the game practically screams fan service. It's been looking very cool lately. It'll even have downloadable content! I'm really digging the style and can't wait for it.

Not so sure about...
Listed above are the games I'm really excited about; most of those will probably be day one purchases for me (or maybe shortly after). But there are several games I'm not so sure about. the first of these is Star Wars: The Force Unleased. Being set between Episodes III and IV, it looks like a cool entry into the Star Wars universe. But I'm still cautious about the game. Because there's been quite a few good Star Wars games, but there's been a lot of bad ones too. Another game I'm not to sure about is Deadly Creatues, which, if you haven't heard, is being published by THQ (same as de Blob). Basically in the game you take control of either a scorpion or tarantula and play through these environments from their views, fighting other bugs and snake/lizard bosses. It's also supposed to have some sort of interesting back story involving humans.

To round off my article there are two other games I'm pretty excited for, just I don't know a whole lot about them. They are Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse and Monster Hunter 3. Both look pretty cool, but I haven't seen many articles about them.

And that rounds up my most anticipated games for the Wii. What games are you excited for? Agree/disagree with my picks? Tell me in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment