Sunday, February 1, 2009

Gaming Forecast - Febrary 2009

Welcome to an all new, monthly feature on World 1-1: the Gaming Forecast. Here I'll post about the Wii and DS games in the coming month that you should possibly be looking out for. No shovelware here though, I'll just be posting games that are at least halfway decent. So with out further ado, enjoy this February edition. -Kyle

Wii has quite a few games out this month, especially compared to January. As for the Nintendo DS, there's plenty of games to look out for there as well.

Gaming Forecast February 2009
  • Rygar: The Battle of Argus (Wii, Feb. 3rd)
  • Tenchu: Shadow Assassins (Wii, Feb. 3rd)
  • Deadly Creatures (Wii, Feb. 9th)
  • The House of the Dead: Overkill (Wii, Feb. 10th)
  • OneChanbara: Bikini Zombie Slayers (Wii, Feb. 10th)
  • Legacy of Ys: Books I & II (DS, Feb. 10th)
  • Retro Game Challenge (DS, Feb. 10th)
  • Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon (DS, Feb. 16th)
  • Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride (DS, Feb. 17th)
  • Dead Rising: Chop Til You Drop (Wii, Feb. 24th)
  • Blue Dragon Plus (DS, Feb. 24th)
  • C.O.R.E. (DS, Feb. 24th)
  • Puzzle Quest: Galactrix (DS, Feb. 24th)
The only one I'm definitely getting is House of the Dead. Though Deadly Creatures and Tenchu are very tempting, and I may have to give in and buy them. Since I don't own a DS (that'll change once April comes around and the DSi's launched), I can't say I'm buying any of those. But if I did own Nintendo's little portable, I'd definitely be all over Retro Game Challenge and Puzzle Quest: Galactrix. And even possibly Fire Emblem.

February looks to be a pretty good month for both Nintendo systems. And I'm sure you'll find something to play in those thirteen games I listed.

Comments or questions? Drop an email to kylehogg@gmail.com or leave a comment below...

4 comments:

  1. I'm most looking forward to Tenchu, Overkill, Deadly Creatures, and Onechanbara. Onechanbara will just be a rent for review, since I know it's going to be terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Out of that list, Deadly Creatures is the only one I might get. Here in Europe, though, we have NPC:Pikmin, Blast Works, Chrono Trigger and Walk With Me to tempt our pockets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's funny! I do a feature on my site called the "Game Forecast". I got the title from the old Nintendo Power. Did you get from that too? Also, I'm so pumped for the massive amount of DS RPGs. Sooooo Awesome! I'm SenorTinman, by the way(it proabably says my name). Your site is pretty cool! Keep up your good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's nice to see the Wii get some quality titles after a drought. I'm getting House of the Dead and Deadly Creatures, definitely.

    I'll also have to get Retro Game Challenge.

    ReplyDelete